Employment Visas: Types of E-Visas

There are several types of e-visas. There is a Treaty Trader Visa which is also referred to as the E-1. The E-2 is otherwise referred to as the Treaty Investor Visa. An e-visa issuance is usually hinged on a reciprocal Treaty of Friendship, Navigation and Commerce. Typically, these treaties cover the provisions for E-1 and E-2 visas. Further, E-2 visas can also be the product of a bilateral agreement between the U.S. and another country.

Any applicant from a country with an E-1 treaty is permitted to open a company in the U.S. Also, the company must first make sure that there is a planned trade or business before the E-1 visa can be issued. Keep in mind that there must be a history of trade between the U.S. and the foreign country before the visa can be issued.

Back ↵